A healthy and bright smile plays the most important role in enhancing the personality of a person. This is the reason why so many people are conscious with the way their teeth looks. If they are not satisfied with the appearance of their teeth and smile, they prefer to go for cosmetic improvements.
Cosmetic dentistry can greatly improve the appearance of teeth, gums, mouth, and a broad smile.
What is cosmetic dentistry?
Cosmetic dentistry is a professional oral care method that entirely focuses on enhancing the look and health of teeth. In most cases, cosmetic dental procedures are not necessary. People themselves choose to go for such treatments. However, there are also some cases where cosmetic dental procedures provide therapeutic benefits, thus essential for overall good oral health.
Different types of dental cosmetic procedures
The person who performs dental cosmetic procedures is known as a cosmetic dentist. They are responsible for performing numerous procedures, starting from minor fixes to major surgeries. Some of the most common dental cosmetic procedures performed by a cosmetic dentist include:
- Teeth whitening
- Dental veneers
- Dental crowns
- Inlays and Onlays
- Dental Implants
- Dental bonding, etc.
Why see a cosmetic dentist?
As mentioned above, people who are not happy with the way their teeth look prefer going for cosmetic procedures. However, there may be certain dental conditions that may require cosmetic surgery. These conditions can be:
- Cracked, chipped, or damaged teeth
- Tooth decay
- Missing teeth
- Crooked teeth
- Misshapen teeth
- Teeth discoloration, etc.
All the issues mentioned above affect the look of teeth and smile and may also create difficulty in eating and speaking. Moreover, these conditions can greatly impact a person’s self-esteem. Therefore, to prevent any further damage or serious issues, it is recommended to consult a dentist for cosmetic dental treatment.
Advantages and disadvantages of cosmetic dental procedures
Let’s look at some of the key advantages as well as disadvantages of choosing cosmetic dentistry treatment for teeth enhancement.
Cosmetic dental procedures can help improve the appearance of teeth, thus helping to enhance the quality of life.
- Enhanced self-confidence: A confident smile comes naturally when the teeth are bright and healthy. People with dental issues usually feel embarrassed and uncomfortable smiling in front of people, especially during any kind of social gathering. Even bad teeth can harm professional success. A cosmetic procedure can help bring back the lost confidence in a person by improving their smile.
- Improved overall health: Teeth and gums problems can lead to various other serious health issues. Some of the serious health issues that can result from bad oral health include heart disease, kidney problems, diabetes, oral cancer, etc. Cosmetic dentistry can help restore the smile while eliminating or reducing the chances of gum disease and tooth decay. A good smile can further encourage a person to take better care of their oral health, which automatically helps in improving overall health.
- Youthful smile: Cosmetic procedure helps to make teeth healthy and bright and helps to improve the appearance of a person. Healthy teeth make a person look much younger than his actual age.
Though cosmetic dental procedures have so many benefits to offer, they have some disadvantages as well.
- Cost: One of the main disadvantages of cosmetic dental procedures is that several major cosmetic procedures are cost effective and many times insurance doesn’t cover cosmetic procedures.
- Durability: Many dental cosmetic procedures are highly durable and permanent. One must be completely sure that they want to go for a particular cosmetic dental treatment because there is no going back after the treatment completes. For instance, dental veneers are permanent. However, these still need to be replaced every 10 to 15 years.
There is no doubt that cosmetic dentistry can be a good choice to improve your smile and perk up your self-esteem. There are few drawbacks as well. However, if you choose the right cosmetic dentist specializing in the dental procedures you are interested in, you will certainly get better results. At TrueCare Dentistry, you can find the best and experienced cosmetic dentist along with highly experienced dental staff that can thoroughly guide you about the cosmetic procedure, clear all your doubts, and help you to make an informed decision about the cosmetic procedure. Contact us today for any queries related to cosmetic procedures. We can help you with the right dental services and essential resources for healthy and beautiful smiles.