Want to brighten your teeth color?
Want to get an activated smile?
In general, stains on teeth are classified in two ways: intrinsic or extrinsic. Intrinsic spots exist between the microcracks in your enamel and deep within the dentin (the tooth layer underneath the enamel). on the other hand, extrinsic stains appear on the surface of your teeth. Whitening toothpaste and mouth rinses may help to get rid of some of the extrinsic discolorations on your teeth. But only teeth whitening agents can remove the stubborn teeth stains effectively.
Teeth whitening is a general and pain-free cosmetic dentistry procedure to brighten the natural color of teeth without removing teeth’s surface. It’s an effective way to remove the foreign layer formed on top of the enamel layer, which lightens the existing shade to give you a pearly smile on your face. Generally, another layer slowly formed on the outermost layer of the teeth (enamel).
The common causes of tooth discoloration include; certain foods or drinks (coffee, soda, etc.), poor dental hygiene, some diseases, certain medications, trauma, advancing age, and many more. Bleaching your teeth is not a complex procedure, but you need to take extra precautions if you are using home remedies for teeth whitening. Have a look at some home remedies that may help you.
Home remedies that work as a teeth whitening bleach
- Hydrogen peroxide – it’s a natural and commonly used bleaching agent. It also kills bacteria in the mouth. However, consult your dentist once before regularly using hydrogen peroxide for teeth whitening bleach.
- Apple cider vinegar – a disinfectant natural product with antibacterial property is useful to whiten your teeth and cleaning your mouth.
- Fruits & vegetables – crunchy, raw vegetables and fruits helps to remove plaque from your teeth so you can reduce the discoloration of teeth.
Some remedies that work for the teeth bleaching process may not give successful results all the time. Also, you may experience tooth sensitivity after having tooth whitening. Hence, it is strictly advisable to consult your doctor regarding whitening your teeth instead of using stain removal toothpaste or any other remedies at home.
Teeth whitening bleaches your teeth with bleaching agents like hydrogen peroxide or carbamide peroxide. These bleaches remove the stains and make your teeth brighter. Now you might be wondering, does teeth whitening work on yellow teeth all the time?
Well, you need to consult your dentist before making a decision to whiten your teeth, as whiteners may not be able to correct all types of discoloration. The dentist is the right person who can suggest the best treatment to whiten your teeth and offer you the professional teeth brightening process which is more successful than home remedies. Let’s explore how the dentist performs professional bleaching for your teeth.
How the professional teeth whitening process is performed?
The teeth whitening process at the dentist is not a complicated procedure of cosmetic dentistry, but, it requires specialized skills to not damage gum area while performing the procedure. Generally, the teeth whitening process takes anywhere from 60 to 90 minutes, depending on the stains of the teeth.
Here is the step by step teeth bleaching process;
- The dentist will record the current shade of your teeth before starting the procedure.
- After that, your teeth will be polished with – a grainy material to remove plaque on teeth’s surface.
- The doctor will put barriers and retractors to protect our mouth from the whitening solution.
- Now, your teeth would be glazed with a whitening solution on the front outer surface only. The solution typically contains either hydrogen peroxide or carbamide peroxide that works as a bleaching agent.
- Sometimes, whitening products need a curing light or laser to activate the peroxide. After the application, the solution will be left on the teeth for about 15 to 20 minutes. Your dentist will reapply the solution every 20 minutes for 4-5 times.
- Once the shade has been reached or the maximum time has elapsed, the teeth need to be rinsed. Sometimes, your doctor may use fluoride application to soothe any tooth sensitivity.
- Lastly, another dental visit may be scheduled until the sought shade is reached.
Moreover, if you want an activated smile that boosts your self-confidence, prevent the stains on your teeth before it occurs. Limit sugar intake in your diet, and eat a calcium-rich diet. Also reduce the intake of soda, coffee, red wine, etc. which may easily damage your teeth. Also, brush and floss daily to not only avoid teeth stain but also to maintain your oral hygiene. To be more precise, you need to brush twice each day; after breakfast and before going to bed. Also, you need to follow certain techniques to brush your teeth to avoid dental problems. Preventing any dental problem is easier than curing it. So, adopt a good dental hygiene practice and keep your teeth healthy and strong.
However, if your teeth are damaged with stains, you need to act immediately. Get the treatment as early as possible to avoid further risks to getting more serious dental problems.
Are you looking for a professional teeth whitening process?
At TruCare Dentistry, you will get the ultimate treatment to whiten your discoloured teeth. Our teeth whitening process includes Zoom whitening which gives you an average of 2-5 shades whiter teeth. Another widely recognized treatment is KöR Teeth Whitening that is very effective on tetracycline stains or very resistant stains and most suitable teeth whitening process.
You will get a safe and relaxing treatment with us. Contact our expert dental team and book your appointment to whiten your teeth, and get the best teeth whitening procedure at TruCare Dentistry Roswell, GA.