For people who are unhappy with their smile, cosmetic dentistry is a perfect solution. It is a procedure that helps in improving people’s teeth or smile either through teeth whitening or by a complete smile makeover. But how to be sure if it is a good option for you? Have a look at the below information:
Why is cosmetic dentistry necessary?
Cosmetic dentistry includes a variety of elective procedures along with numerous methods. It even results in significant improvement in the patient’s self-confidence. It even promotes a younger-looking appearance and prevents future dental damage. It results in significant opportunities for people with restored smiles.
There are different reasons for which people consider Cosmetic Dentistry. Some of those reasons are:
- Chipped and cracked teeth
- Multiple amalgam fillings
- Stained or discolored teeth
- Gaps between teeth
- Misshapen and misaligned teeth
Benefits of cosmetic dentistry
There are several benefits of cosmetic dentistry for an individual. It is one of the best procedures to get your lost smile and confidence back in your life. Among the plethora of benefits, a few of the significant benefits include:
Benefits for social life
There are many instances where you might find yourself embarrassed because of your smile at social functions, and you prefer keeping your distance from people. But after cosmetic dentistry, the case will be completely different. You will be able to make your teeth at least eight shades whiter within 2 hours. Your smile will be ready for Instagram in just one afternoon.
Benefits for career and education
When it comes to professional life, your appearance matters a lot. A lasting impression can be left when you have a dazzling smile. One general procedure among young professionals is teeth straightening. An Invisalign treatment helps the patients get a straighter smile without the need for metal braces. It reshapes the gums and makes the teeth look uniform.
The most benefited people from this are students pursuing higher education. Cosmetic dentistry helps the students boost their confidence before they appear for the interviews for big and prestigious companies or during the time of their graduation ceremony
Most common dentistry procedure
There are many dentistry procedures available. Some of the most common procedures are:
- Dental veneers: Patients having chipped, cracked, or discolored teeth often go for this procedure. They are thin, porcelain shells that fit over the teeth’ front to help hide the imperfections. They are custom made to fit the unique shape of your mouth.
- Professional whitening: Most people wonder if in-office whitening is right for their stained or discolored teeth. There are many whitening kits available in the market available for use. The in-office whitening method involves using a robust bleach solution to whiten the teeth supervised by the dentist. A light may also be used to speed the process of bleaching.
- Implants: It is a titanium post that is implanted into your jaw surgically. It acts as an artificial root so that a replacement tooth can be attached to it. It is an effective method for people suffering from tooth loss.
- Bridges: Bridges are another excellent option for people suffering from tooth loss. This method bridges the gap left by the lost tooth. Crowns are placed on both sides of the gap, which serves as an anchor. After this, a false tooth is placed between the crowns.
- Reshaping/bonding: It is the best option for people with a misshapen or chipped tooth. It is combined with dental bonding. A tooth-colored resin is painted on unwanted parts of the tooth. It is a non-invasive and effective way to treat small aesthetic problems.
- Dentures: Apart from implants and bridges, dentures are another excellent option for people having tooth loss. These are removable prosthetic devices that are used as teeth replacement. There are full and partial dentures available in the market.
Which procedure is right for me?
The best way to answer this question is to consult your dentist. He will be better equipped to answer the type of procedures that is best suitable for you. You can sit with your dentist, discuss the procedure cost, teeth condition, and the maintenance required for each procedure and then come with the most appropriate procedure for you as per your situation.
To achieve the results you are looking for, you need to find the right dentist to identify and carry out the correct procedure. To know which dentist is best for you, it is better to do your research. Ask your friends and family. Check the patients’ testimonials online. Call and ask for extra information or book a consultation.
Make sure to ask the before and after pictures of patients from the dentist for the procedure you are willing to undergo. Contact TruCare Dentistry for more information and get cosmetic dentistry from the best cosmetic dentists.