What is emergency dental care?
A dental emergency can happen to anyone at any time that needs immediate treatment to stop bleeding, relieve severe pain, or save a tooth. At TruCare, we provide emergency dental care to treat dental issues like acute pain in a tooth, unstoppable bleeding from gums, or facial trauma that affects teeth.
Common dental emergencies
Dental emergencies should be treated as soon as possible to prevent further complications. Our team of emergency dentists is well-equipped to handle any kind of dental emergency. Here is the list of common dental emergencies:
- A broken or fractured tooth
- Swollen gums
- Severe pain
- Pain on biting
- Objects stuck between teeth
- Post dental surgery complexities
Emergency dental procedures
Various emergency dental procedures are available at TruCare to prevent additional complications.
- Root canal
- Exertion of tooth
- Other procedures to cure dental emergencies
Emergency treatment for toothache
Every dental emergency should be treated by a professional emergency dentist. However, before you see your dentist, you can try these home remedies to reduce toothache:
- Apply a cold compress to the affected side of a face
- Take pain reliever medicine such as acetaminophen or ibuprofen
- Rinse your mouth with warm saltwater
- Visit us as soon as possible to rule out problems
Emergency dental care for kids
Children are more vulnerable to tooth injury. For the most part, emergency dental care for kids is the same as adult care. Though dental injuries and emergencies can be distressing for both children and parents, it is important for parents to not panic as it may affect the kid. Reassure the kid and get the dental treatment.
Common dental emergency for kids:
- Knocked out tooth
- Tooth fracture
- Tooth pain due to decay, etc.